Office phone: (814) 867-2313
Office address: 203C Earth and Engineering Sciences Building
Office hours: Friday: 11:30 - 1:00pm
- Ph.D., Applied Mathematics, University of Waterloo, Canada., 2002
- M.S., Mathematics and Mechanics, University of Bucharest, Romania., 1996
- B.S. (Merit Diploma), Mathematics and Mechanics, University of Bucharest, Romania., 1995
Years of Service with Penn State
Other Related Experience — Teaching, Industrial, Etc.
- May 2007 – Aug 2007 Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Jan 2007 – Apr 2007 Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Aug 2005 – Dec 2006 Research Scientist, Department of Physiology and Biomedical Engineering, Mayo Clinic, USA
- May 2004 – July 2005 Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Waterloo, Canada
- May 2002 – Apr 2004 Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Radiology, University of California in San Francisco, USA
- Sept 1997 – Apr 2002 Research Assistant, Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Oct 1996 – May 1997 Instructor, Department of Mathematics, Institute of Civil Engineering and Faculty of Mathematics, Bucharest, Romania
Recent Principal Publications
- Justin Kauffman and Corina Drapaca (2013) “A Fractional Pressure-Volume Model of Cerebrospinal Fluid Dynamics in Hydrocephalus,” in proceedings Mechanics of Biological Systems and Materials, 4, pp. 179–184, Proceedings of the 2013 Annual Conference on Experimental and Applied Mechanics.
- Saswati Roy, Luca Heltai, Corina Drapaca, and Francesco Costanzo (2013) “An Immersed Finite Element Method Approach for Brain Biomechanics,” in proceedings Mechanics of Biological Systems and Materials, 5, pp. 79–86, Conference Proceedings of the Society for Experimental and Applied Mechanics Series.
- Corina Drapaca and Jason Fritz (2012) “A Mechano-Electro Chemical Model of Brain Neuro-Mechanics: Application to Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus,” Int. J. Numer. Anal. Model. B, 3(1), pp. 82–93.
- Corina Drapaca and Siv Sivaloganathan (2012) “The Fractional Model of Continuum Mechanics,” Journal of Elasticity, 107, pp. 105–123.
- Corina Drapaca, Siv Sivaloganathan, and G. Tenti (2007) “Non-Linear Constitutive Laws in Viscoelasticity,” Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids, 12(5), pp. 475–501.
- Corina Drapaca, G. Tenti, and Siv Sivaloganathan (2006) “A Quasilinear Viscoelastic Constitutive Equation for the Brain: Application to Hydrocephalus,” Journal of Elasticity, 85(1), pp. 65–83.
- Corina Drapaca, G. Tenti, Siv Sivaloganathan, and J.M. Drake (2005) “Dynamical Morphology of the Brain’s Ventricular Cavities in Hydrocephalus,” Journal of Theoretical Medicine, 6(3), pp. 151–160.
- Corina Drapaca, V. Cardinas Nicolson, and C. Studholme (2005) “Segmentation of Tissue Boundary Evolution from Brain MR Image Sequences using Multi-phase Level Sets,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, 100(3), pp. 312–329.
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Teaching Award, Penn State Engineering Alumni Society, (2013)
Recent Institutional and Professional Service
- Member of the Faculty Selection Committee for Schreyer Honors College, Pennsylvania State University (Feb 2012 – Present)
- Judge/Reviewer for ESM Today, Penn State College of Engineering Research Symposium, Annual Graduate Exhibition of The Graduate School at Penn State University, Pennsylvania State University (Feb 2008 – Present)
- Member of the ESM Committee on Scholarships and Awards, ESM Graduate Student Recruitment and Admissions Committee, ESM M.D./Ph.D. Program Committee, ESM Undergraduate Guide/Handbook Committee, Pennsylvania State University (Jan 2008 – Present)
Login to Edit