Information Technology and Computer Support for ESM
ESM IT Support is for students, faculty and staff of the Engineering Science and Mechanics Department only. If you are not affiliated with ESM, please contact your technical support staff in your area or the University's IT Help Desk.
Visit wireless.psu.edu to access the Penn State wireless network.
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is required for a variety of services, including use of the COEVPN, Outlook Web Access (COE webmail) and others. To learn more about 2FA, visit the Identity Services 2FA web site.
2FA quick links:
Microsoft Office 365 has been made available to all of Penn State.
Some helpful links:
- Penn State's all-in-one site for Office 365 - start here
- Training. The College of Engineering also has its own training staff available.
- Launch Office 365 apps online
There are two types of accounts used for computer authentication at ESM: The Penn State Access Account and the College of Engineering User Account, also known as a COE Domain Account.
Account-related forms are located here.
Please note the required Password complexity requirements.
Penn State Access Account
This account is University-wide and is used for WiFi access, eLion, PASS, Box and psu.edu email accounts.
- Penn State Webmail
- Change your Access Password.
- Change your Personal Information in the directory.
- Request personal Web Space.
- Request a WordPress web site for personal, professional or lab use at sites.psu.edu.
- Set an Auto-Reply for your psu.edu email address.
College of Engineering User Account
This account is used for COE resources, such as logging into desktop computers or accessing shared printers or file shares.
The COE maintains a web site with an overview of the COE User Account, including password requirements for complexity.
- COE Networking, Computing and Training Services web site.
- You may change your COE User Account password on any computer connected to the engr.psu.edu domain, or with the Password Change Web Page
- For remote network access behind the COE firewall, please use the COEVPN, and login here.
About IT Support at ESM
The IT staff of the ESM department maintain security updates, inventory information systems, maintain servers, provide consultative services, assist with data management plans, liaise with College of Engineering and University staff, and provide second-level support for computers and information systems.
To the left are links to resources available within the department and university.
All faculty, staff, and students should familiarize themselves with university policy AD95 and its adjuncts, which is required by the University for all Access Account holders, and users of university computer equipment.
AD95 can be found by clicking here
If you need support with any of the classrooms in the EES Bldg, including technology podiums, support is provided by Classroom and Lab Computing, not the ESM department. They may be reached via email at TechClass@psu.edu or by telephone at 777-0035.