Heaney, Donald F. Jr.
Adjunct Associate Faculty
- Ph.D., Material Science and Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University, 1997
- M.S., Engineering Science, The Pennsylvania State University, 1993
- B.S. (honors and distinction), Engineering Science, The Pennsylvania State University, 1991
Years of Service with Penn State
- July 2006 – Present Associate Professor
- May 2005 – Present Senior Research Associate
- Jan 2000 – May 2005 Research Associate
Other Related Experience — Teaching, Industrial, Etc.
- Jan 2000 – Present President and CEO, Advanced Powder Products, Inc., Philipsburg, PA
- Apr 1998 – Dec 1999 Principal Engineer, Orthopedic Implant Division, Zimmer Inc., Warsaw, IN
- Apr 1997 – Apr 1998 Senior Process Development Engineer, Electronic Products Division, 3M, Austin, TX
Recent Principal Publications
- Donald F. Heaney, Jr. and Roberto Spina (2007) “Shrinkage prediction of MIM parts by finite element simulation,” International Journal of Computational Materials Science and Surface Engineering, 1(1), pp. 57–72.
- Cody Greene and Donald F. Heaney, Jr. (2007) “The PVT Effect on the Final Sintered Dimensions of Powder Injection Molded Components,” Materials & Design, 28, pp. 95–100.
- Deborah Blaine, John Gurosik, Seong Jin Park, Donald F. Heaney, Jr., and Randall M. German (Mar 2006) “Master Sintering Curve Concepts as applied to the Sintering of Molybdenum,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 37A, pp. 1–6.
- Donald F. Heaney, Jr., John Gurosik, and Chantal Binet (2005) “Isotropic Forming of Porous Structures via Metal Injection Molding,” Journal of Material Science, 40, pp. 973–981.
- Brad Gething, Donald F. Heaney, Jr., Donald Koss, and Tim Mueller (2005) “The Effect of Nickel on the Mechanical Behavior of Molybdenum P/M Steels,” Material Science and Engineering A, 390, pp. 19–26.
Consulting, Patents, and Scientific and Professional Society Memberships
- APMI, Member (1999 – Present)
- ASM, Member (1995 – Present)
- U.S. Patent 7302993, Ethicon Endo Surgery. CAST PARTS WITH IMPROVED SURFACE PROPERTIES AND METHODS FOR THEIR PRODUCTION (4 Dec 2007)
Professional Licenses or Certifications
- Prefessional Engineer, License # PE073196, Pennsylvania, 31 Oct 2007
Login to Edit