Associate Teaching Professor
Office address: 403A Earth and Engineering Sciences Building
Office hours: Monday: 1:00 - 2:30pm Wednesday: 4:30 - 5:30pm
- Ph.D., Electrochemistry, Institute of Physical Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland, 1991
- M.S., materials science, Technical University Poznan, Poland, 1981
- B.S., materials science, Technical University, Poznan, Poland, 1979
Years of Service with Penn State
Other Related Experience — Teaching, Industrial, Etc.
- 2008 – Present Graduate Faculty, Engineering Science and Mechanics, Penn State University, University Park
- Sept 1996 – 2007 Research Associate, Engineering Science and Mechanics, Penn State University, University Park
- Sept 1992 – Aug 1996 Post-Doctoral Fellow, Center for Advanced Materials - Materials Science, Penn State University, University Park
Recent Principal Publications
- Elzbieta Sikora and Barbara A Shaw (2013) “Crystalline Alloys: Magnesium,” Chapter 2, in book entitled Environmental Degradation of Advanced and Traditional Engineering Materials, pp. 21–67, CRC Press Taylor & Francis.
- Elzbieta Sikora (2012) “A Quest for the Holy Grail of Bioimplant –a Review of Recent Developments in Biodegradable Metals for Medical Applications,” Recent Patents in Corrosion Science, 2, pp. 81–97.
Consulting, Patents, and Scientific and Professional Society Memberships
- National Association of Corrosion Engineers, member (2013 – 2014)
Login to Edit