Associate Professor of Engineering Science and Mechanics
Office phone: (814) 863-1473
Office address: W-317 Millennium Science Complex
Office hours location: 317W Millennium Science Bldg
- Ph.D., Neuroscience, Braindeis University, 2004
- B.S., Biology, California Institute of Technology, 1999
Years of Service with Penn State
Other Related Experience — Teaching, Industrial, Etc.
- May 2007 – May 2010 Postdoctoral fellow, Physics Department, UCSD, San Diego
- Oct 2004 – May 2007 Postdoctoral Fellow, Biology Department, UCSD, San Diego
Recent Principal Publications
- (2011) “Fluctuating and sensory-induced vasodynamics in rodent cortex extend arteriole capacity,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 108, pp. 8473–8478.
- Patrick Drew (2010) “Chronic optical access through a polished and reinforced thinned skull,” Nature Methods, 7, pp. 981–984.
Consulting, Patents, and Scientific and Professional Society Memberships
- intenational Coiety for Cerbral Blood flow and Metabolism (2013 – Present)
- Society for Neuroscience (2001 – Present)
Honors and Awards
- Scholar Award, McKnight Endowment Fund for Neuroscience (2012)
Recent Institutional and Professional Service
- Member, Graduate Committee, COE (Mar 2014 – Present)
- Member, neuroscience graduate curriculum committee (June 2013 – Present)
- member, MD-PhD committee (Feb 2013 – Present)
- member, ESM undergraduate curriculum committee (June 2012 – Present)
Login to Edit