Lenahan, Patrick M.
Office phone: (814) 863-4630
Office address: 101 Earth and Engineering Sciences Building
Office hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 10:00 - noon & 1:30 - 6:00pm
Office hours location: 101 EES Building
Office hours phone: (814) 863-4630
- Ph.D., Materials Science, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, 1979
- B.S., Physics, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, 1971
Years of Service with Penn State
- Jan 2007 – Present Distinguished Professor of Engineerring Science and Mechanics
- June 1989 – Dec 2006 Professor of Engineering Science and Mechanics
- Jan 1985 – May 1989 Associate Professor of Engineering Science and Mechanics
Other Related Experience — Teaching, Industrial, Etc.
- Jan 2000 – June 2004 Associate Editor, Journal of Electronic Materials, IEEE, TMS
- May 2002 – June 2002 Visiting Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Nihon University, Tokyo, Japan
- Feb 1980 – Jan 1985 Member of the Technical Staff, Electronic and Organic Materials, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- July 1979 – Jan 1980 Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey
Recent Principal Publications
- C. J. Cochrane and Patrick M. Lenahan (Mar 2014) “Spin counting in electrically detected magnetic resonance via low-field defect state mixing,” Applied Physics Letters, 104(9), pp. art# 093503.
- B R Tuttle, T Aichinger, Patrick M. Lenahan, and S T Pantelides (Sept 2013) “Theory of hyperfine active nitrogen complexes observed in 4H-SiC diodes,” JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, 114(11), pp. art#113712.
- T A Pomorski, B A Bittel, C. J. Cochrane, Patrick M. Lenahan, J Bielefield, and S W King (Aug 2013) “Defects and electronic transport in hydrogenated amorphous SiC films of interest for low dielectric constant back end of the line dielectric systems,” JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, 114(7), pp. art#074501.
- C. J. Cochrane and Patrick M. Lenahan (July 2013) “Detection of interfacial Pb centers in Si/SiO2 metal-oxide-semiconducting field-effect transistors via zero-field spin dependent recombination with observation of precursor pair spin-spin interactions,” APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, 103(5), pp. art#053506.
- C. J. Cochrane, Patrick M. Lenahan, and A. J. Lelis (May 2013) “The effect of nitric oxide anneals on silicon vacancies at and very near the interface of 4H SiC metal oxide semiconducting field effect transistors using electrically detected magnetic resonance,” APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, 102(19), pp. art #.
Consulting, Patents, and Scientific and Professional Society Memberships
- Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Society, member (1994 – Present)
- Institue of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, member (1993 – Present)
- Materials Research Society, member (1988 – Present)
- U.S. Patent US 20100066366 A1, C.J.Cochrane and P.M. Lenahan. Adaptive Signal Averaging Method Which Enhances the Sensitivity of Continuous Wave Magnetic Resonance and Other Analytical Measurements US 20100066366 A1 (18 Mar 2010)
- U.S. Patent 4,652,467, C.J. Brinker,K.D.Keefer,P.M. Lenahan. Inorganic polymer derived dielectric films (24 Mar 1987)
Honors and Awards
- Premier Researcher Award, Penn State Engineering Soiciety, Penn State Engineering Society (1 May 2010)
- University Distinguished Professor, PSU (Dec 2006)
- Fellow of the IEEE (Institute of Elecectrical and Electronic Engineers), IEEE (1 Jan 2006)
- Outstanding Research Award, Penn State Engineering Society (May 1989)
Recent Institutional and Professional Service
- Technical Program Committee, Semiconductor Insulator Interface Specialists Conference, IEEE (2005 – Present)
- reviewer for numerous technical and scientific journals, AIP, IEEE, and others (2003 – Present)
- Technical Program Committee, Electronic Materials Conference, TMS (2003 – Present)
- service on numerous department committees, Dept ESM (2003 – Present)
- Technical Program Committee, International Integrated Reliability Workshop, IEEE (2003 – Present)
- Technical Program Committee, Nuclear, Space Radiation Effects Conference, IEEE (Jan 2014 – Mar 2014)
- Technical Program Chairman, International Integrated Reliability Workshop, IEEE (Aug 2006 – Oct 2007)
Login to Edit