Suliman, Samia A.
Associate Teaching Professor
Office phone: (814) 863-3574
Office address: 407B Earth and Engineering Sciences Building
Office hours location: 407B EES Building
Office hours phone: (814) 863-3574
- Ph.D. (Honors), Engineering Science, Penn State University, 2002
- M.Eng., Electrical Engineering, Southern Illinois University, 1995
- M.Sc., Solid State Physics, Khartoum University, 1985
- B.S. (honors), Physics, Imperial College-London, 1981
Years of Service with Penn State
- June 2004 – Present Assistant Professor
- Jan 2002 – May 2004 Instructor
Recent Principal Publications
- Jifa Hao, R Rioux, Samia A. Suliman, and Osama Osman Awadelkarim (Feb 2014) “High Temperature Bias-Stress Induced Instability in Power Trench-Gated MOSFET Transistor,” Microelectronics Reliability, 54, pp. 374–380.
- Samia A. Suliman (2013) “Nanoscale Trench-Gated Silicon Power Transistor: Operation, Performance and Reliability Analysis,” in proceedings Nanoscale Trench-Gated Silicon Power Transistor: Operation, Performance and Reliability Analysis, Conference presentation, OMINTEC- May 2013- Jeddah - Saudi Arabia..
- Samia A. Suliman, Cliff Lissenden, and Christine Masters (2011) ““Supplemental learning tools for Statics and Strength of Materials”,” in proceedings S. A. Suliman, Christine Master, Cliff Lisseneden, 118th ASEE annual conference, Vancouver..
- Samia A. Suliman, Karthik Sarpatwari, Osama Osman Awadelkarim, and Lucas Passmore (2007) “Analysis of Current-Voltage-Temperature Characteristics in SiC Schottky Diodes Using Threshold-Accepting Simulated-Annealing Techniques,,” Solid State Elecronics, 51, pp. 644–649.
- Lucas Passmore, Karthik Sarpatwari, Samia A. Suliman, and Osama Osman Awadelkarim (May 2006) “Fowler-Nordheim and Hot Carrier Reliabilities of U-Shaped Trench-Gated Transistors Studied by Three Terminal Charge Pumping,” Thin Solid Films, 504(1–2), pp. 302–306.
- Lucas Passmore, Karthik Sarpatwari, Samia A. Suliman, and Osama Osman Awadelkarim (Sept 2005) “Modified three-terminal charge-pumping technique applied to vertical transistor structures,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology, 5(B 23), pp. 2189–2193.
- Samia A. Suliman, Osama Osman Awadelkarim, Rodney Ridley, and Gary Dolny (Apr 2004) “Gate-oxide grown on the sidewalls and base of U-shaped Si trench: Effects of the oxide and oxide /Si interface condition on the properties of vertical MOS devices,” Microelectronics Engineering, 72(1–4), pp. 247–252.
- Samia A. Suliman, Rodney Ridley, Gary Dolny, Osama Osman Awadelkarim, and Stephen J. Fonash (2003) “Electrical properties of the gate oxide and its interface with Si in U-shaped trench MOS capacitor: The impact of polycrystalline Si doping and oxide composition,” Solid State Electronics, 47, pp. 899–905.
- Samia A. Suliman, Osama Osman Awadelkarim, and Stephen J. Fonash (2002) “Electron and hole trapping in the bulk and interface with Si of a thermal oxide grown on the sidewalls and base of a U-shaped silicon trench,” Solid State Electronics, 46, pp. 837–845.
- Samia A. Suliman, Osama Osman Awadelkarim, and Stephen J. Fonash (2001) “The effects of channel boron-doping on the performance and reliability of N-channel trench UMOSFETs,” Solid State Electronics, 45, pp. 655–661.
Consulting, Patents, and Scientific and Professional Society Memberships
- ASEE, Member (2002 – Present)
- IEEE, Member (2002 – Present)
- NSBE, Member (2002 – Present)
- Royal College of Science (British), Associate member (1981 – Present)
Honors and Awards
- Weiss Graduate Fellow, Weiss Family-Penn State (1999)
- Associate: British Royal Collage of Science, Royal College of Science (Aug 1981)
Recent Institutional and Professional Service
- Active Faculty, NSBE-Penn State (2002 – Present)
- Panelist, NSF-GRFP (2002 – Present)
Login to Edit