Office phone: (814) 863-4588
Office address: 002 Research Building West
Office hours: Monday, Wednesday 10:00 - 11:00am & 3:00 - 4:00pm
Office hours location: 407C EES Building
Office hours phone: (814) 863-4588
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, 1978
- M.Eng., Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, 1970
- B.Eng. (Honors), Electrical Engineering, P.S.G. College of Technology, Coimbatore, India (University of Madras), 1968
Years of Service with Penn State
- 1987 – Present Professor of Engineering Science
- 1983 – 1987 Associate Professor of Engineering Science
- 1978 – 1983 Assistant Professor of Engineering Science
Other Related Experience — Teaching, Industrial, Etc.
- June 1996 – Present Visiting Professor Chair, Materials Research Center, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
- Jan 2002 – June 2002 Visiting Professor, CERI, CNRS, Orleans, France
- June 1999 – May 1999 Visiting Professor, EE Department, Shibaura Institute of Technology, Tokyo, Japan
Recent Principal Publications
- J. Woolridge, E. Reutzel, and S. Ashok (2012) “Laser-doped selective emitters for photovoltaic applications,” SPIE Proc., 8549.
- S.O. Gordienko et al and S. Ashok (2011) “Influence of oxidation temperature on photoluminescence and electrical properties of amorphous thin films SiC:H:O +Tb,” Phys. Stat. Sol., C8, pp. 2749–2751.
- C. Venkatasubramanian et al, M Horn, and S. Ashok (2011) “Process - Structure - Property Correlations in Pulsed DC Reactive Magnetron Sputtered Vanadium Oxide Thin Films,” J. Vac. Sci. Technol., A29, pp. 061504–1/7.
- C Venkatasubramanian, M Horn, and S. Ashok (2009) “Correlation of Temperature Response and Structure of Annealed VOx Thin Films for IR Detector Applications,” J. Vac. Sci. Technol., 27, pp. 956–961.
- C Venkatasubramanian, M Horn, and S. Ashok (2009) “Ion Implantation Studies on VOx Films Prepared by Pulsed DC Reactive Sputtering,” Nucl. Instrum. Methods in Physics, B267, pp. 1476–1479.
- S. Ashok and J Chevallier et al, Eds. (2007) Semiconductor Defect Engineering - Materials, Synthetic Structures and Devices II, Materials Research Society, Pittsburgh.
- S.S.N. Bharadwaja et al, M Horn, and S. Ashok (2005) “Low Temperature Charge Carrier Hopping Transport Mechanism in Vanadium Oxide Thin Films Grown using Pulse DC Sputtering,” Appl. Phys. Lett., 97, pp. 113706–1/6.
Consulting, Patents, and Scientific and Professional Society Memberships
- Materials Research Society, Member (1985 – Present)
- American Vacuum Society, Member (1980 – Present)
- Electrochemical Society, Member (1978 – Present)
- IEEE, Senior Member (1970 – Present)
- U.S. Patent 8,222,657 B2, Jian Xu (60%) & S. Ashok (40%). Light Emitting Apparatus (17 July 2012)
Recent Institutional and Professional Service
- Meeting co-chair, Fall 2008 Meeting, Boston, Dec. 1–5, 2008, Materials Research Society (Feb 2007 – Present)
- Principal organizer of triannual symposium on Semiconductor Defect Engineering, Materials Research Society (Jan 1991 – Present)
- Member, Screening Committee for Honors student applicants, Schreyers Honors College, Penn State University (2007 – 2008)
- Member, COE Dept. Head 5-year Evaluation Committee, Penn State University (2006 – 2006)
Login to Edit