Resources for Reporting Wrongdoing
The following resources are available for faculty, staff, students and others to report any suspected illegal or unethical conduct, and to seek assistance:
Reporting a crime
Contact the campus police or security office. In an emergency, dial 911.
Assistance for victims of sexual violence, sexual abuse or sexual harassment
- The Penn State Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence Hotline at 800-550-7575 (TTY 866-714-7177), available 24/7.
- The University-wide designated sexual harassment resource person for students: The Director of the Center for Women Students at 814-863-2027, at http://studentaffairs.psu.edu/womenscenter/ online.
- A list of sexual assault resources for each campus location: http://studentaffairs.psu.edu/womenscenter/resources/ccsar.shtml online.
If a child is a victim of any kind of abuse, including sexual abuse:
Contact the Pennsylvania Child Welfare Services “ChildLine” at 800-932-0313.
Reporting ethical violations
(including fraud, theft, conflict of interest and violations of University policy, including research compliance, discrimination and athletics-compliance issues):
- The Penn State Ethics and Compliance Hotline at 800-560-1637 or http://www.mycompliancereport.com/brand/psu online, both anonymous and available 24/7.
- The Penn State Ethics website provides a listing of contacts at http://www.universityethics.psu.edu/contact_us.shtml online.
Reporting a bias or discrimination incident
- The Affirmative Action Office at 814-863-0471.
- Visit the Report Hate website at http://www.equity.psu.edu/REPORTHATE/index.html online.
There also are other ways to report acts of intolerance. For students at University Park, call the Lion Support Help Line at 814-863-2020, while students at campuses other than University Park may contact their campus Student Affairs office.
In addition, employees should be aware of Penn State's Conflict of Interest policy: http://guru.psu.edu/policies/OHR/hr91.html.
The following University offices also are available:
- The Employee Relations Division of the Office of Human Resources at 814-865-1412.
- Office of University Ethics and Compliance at 814-865-8353
- The Office of Internal Audit at 814-865-9596.
- College and administrative unit Human Resources Representatives listing at http://ohr.psu.edu/hr-representatives online.
If it is not clear where to turn for assistance
Any of these offices will guide the individual to someone who can help.
Training is available on many of the above topics. Please contact the Office of Human Resources' Center for Workplace Learning and Performance at 814-865-8216.
The University does not condone wrongful conduct by any member of the Penn State community no matter what position he or she may hold. Members of the University community are urged to speak up if they see or suspect illegal or unethical conduct, and to be assured that the University will protect them from retaliation.