Links and Resources
These pages include introductory notes on each topic listed and links to further information and data for that topic. It is your window to the world's technology database. The topics are:
- Materials: This includes metals, plastics, fabrics and ropes, woods, and fasteners and chains.
- Standards: This includes standards for testing, performance and codes.
- Manufacturing: This provides an overview the many manufacturing methods available today.
- Design Links: This provides links to other design sites, usually of a general nature.
- Analysis Links: This provides links to other sites that have interactive analysis examples and downloadable analysis software.
- Human Data: This provides links to anthropometric data.
- Penn State Engineering Library Industrial Catalogs: The College of Engineering Library provides links to many industrial catalogs as well as additional resources for designed products
DESIGN DATA IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY TO DO DESIGN. DATA THAT IS RELIABLE IN FACT AVOIDS UNNECESSARY USE OF ASSUMPTIONS.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 0633602. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recomendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation (NSF).
© Copyright 1995-2020 All rights reserved.
Pennsylvania State University
Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics
Send comments about this site to: email@example.com
This publication is available on alternative media on request.