Materials Links & Resources
NOTE: If you have to register for more than one website, we suggest using a common user ID & password. Be careful: if any site asks you for your credit card information, STOP, unless you are prepared to pay to use the site. One way to get out of it is to press the BACK button!
Links to sites with general information about engineering materials:
- MatWeb (http://www.matweb.com)
- Martindale's "The reference desk" (Gives data and other informations)
- University of Cambridge material selection and processing resources for design and technology.
- MatData Materials Search Engine
- M.J. VanVoorhis TechData provides a listing of engineering reference data that is commonly found in reference books.
Here you can find the descriptions and properties of common engineering materials:
- Fabrics & Rope:
- Fasteners & Chains
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 0633602. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recomendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation (NSF).
© Copyright 1995-2022 All rights reserved.
Pennsylvania State University
Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics
Send comments about this site to: email@example.com
This publication is available on alternative media on request.